The Slipher Brothers
This exhibit highlights the lives and careers of brothers and Lowell Observatory astronomers Vesto Melvin (V.M.) and Earl Carl (E.C.) Slipher. Both brothers were born in Mulberry, Indiana, and attended Indiana University. V.M. began working at Lowell in 1901 and E.C. followed in 1906. Each spent his entire professional career in Flagstaff and contributed to the observatory and local and state communities. In 1989, Trustee Bill Putnam rededicated Lowell's Administration Building as the Slipher Building in their honor.